This year for the first time, I, I mean WE decided that it would be fun to read a christmas or holiday themed book every day before Christmas.
By WE, I mean Big Christmas and myself.
So the other night, he gathered all the holiday books from around the house and pulled the ones we got from the library so he could sit on them. He also left a note that he knew we had picked some books, but found a few more that we should read one every night from now until Christmas. He also apologized because he knew he was a few days late on this and we needed to read a couple at a time for the first few days to catch up.
We are super excited to do this this year, and here’s what we plan to read in no particular order except The Night Before Christmas which obviously we will read The Night Before Christmas.
- Christmas Parade by Sandra Boynton
- Here Comes Santa Cat by Debra Underwood
- Barbie – A Perfect Christmas by Christy Weber
- Santa’s Busy Night
- The Snowy Day by Ezra Jack Keats
- Santa is coming to My House by Steve Smallman
- Elf on the Shelf Pets Reindeer – A Reindeer Tradition by Chanda A Bell
- Santa Retires by David Bierdrzycki
- Santa’s Sleigh is on its way to Indiana by Eric James
- Wizzer’s Christams by Sue Kassirer
- Fancy Nancy’s Splendiferous Christmas by Jane O’Conner
- The Christmas Giant by Steve Light
- Olive the Other Reindeer by J Otto Seibold and Vivian Walsh
- Careful, Santa by Julie Sykes
- The Christmas Show by Rebecca Patterson
- Madeline’s Christmas by Ludwig Bemelmans
- Snowmen at Night by Caralyn Buehner
- The Elf on the Shelf by Carol V Aebersold and Chanda A Bell
- Elf in the House by Ammi-Joan Paquette
- Santa Duck by David Milgrim
- Finding Christmas by Lezlie Evans
- Santa Rex by Molly Idle
- The House That Santa Built by Dianne de Las Casas
- I Spy Chritmas by Walter Wick & Jean Marzollo
- The Night Before Christmas (Little Golden Book) by Clement C Moore
We’ve been trying to catch up and so far we’ve read 6 books… which I think puts us right on track since today is the 6th! There are a few that I can’t wait to read and it’s been fun to sit with the girls and read some of these.
We do not have this many holiday books on a normal day. We took advantage of our local library to make sure we had enough to cover the month! AND I actually used their online reservation system so I wouldn’t have to seek them out and this saved me soooooo much time! I use the online reservations all the time! It’s like my favorite!
Anyways, I’d love to hear if you do this and what your favorite books are to read around this time!