I’ve always gotten a little giddy when I saw my name printed…
Whether it was at the top (or sometimes bottom) of a results sheet at a skating competition…
Or listed as a stylist on shoot on social media…
Or now, as a writer for a local publication – Towne Post.
I’M A WRITER
Yes. I’m technically a published writer. Yay!
And I was pleasantly surprised to see the article I wrote for Thanksgiving when we were preparing for family photos a couple weeks back. My editor had messaged me and said it had been picked up by quite a few of their locations and that made me feel really good!
I shared a couple recipes and just a little about thanksgivings over the years. but if you have a minute, I’d love for you to check it out here. And if you come across a Towne Post magazine, flip through the pages and see if you see a familiar name!
*You can see all my articles so far on their website too.
NOW LET’S COOK
I was on a deadline, but I wish I had done a little more research because I’m actually pretty proud of a little and super super easy show piece for the table that I made last night! It’s pumpkin pie rice krispie treats and it’s super cute and who doesn’t love a rice krispie treat?!
All you need is the following:
6 cups Rice Krispies – split into separate bowls of 4 and 2
4 cups mini marshmallows
3 tbsp of butter
Orange food coloring (I used red and yellow)
1. Melt butter over stove on low heat
2. Add marshmallows and melt until they are a runny sticky mess.
3. Pour 1/3rd mixture over the bowl with 2 cups rice krispies and mix.
4. Add food coloring to the remainder of mashmallow mess until it’s a good color orange.
5. Pour over bowl with 4 cups rice krispies and mix.
6. Lightly spray your pie plate and add the non orange mix to it. Press to edges to create a kind of crust. *It’s ok if the middle isn’t covered with the plain.
7. Add the orange krispies to the middle and flatten as necessary.