My kids are obsessed with sleep masks…
I think it’s hilarious…
I never slept with these until I was older and now I feel like lots of kids love them. Ella stole my sleep masks that I would use for headaches when she was about three and ever since then, we basically have a collection started…
This isn’t the first time that I’ve made a sleeping mask… You might remember my DIY Minnie Mouse Sleeping mask I made last year for our Disney trip. But I did need another themed one.
In all honesty, I really wanted to purchase this item for the party, but I couldn’t find anything that I really liked so… I came up with this.
What you’ll need:
- Felt in colors you prefer
*for eyes, fur, skin color* We did gray, cream, and pink.
- Hot Glue Gun
- Soft Fabric
- Sewing Machine *optional
- Sewing Needles & Thread *optional
- Print this template and cut out the necessary pieces.
- Make your cuts.
- Here’s where you can decide… Sew the main parts together or glue them.
I choose to sew only because I thought it might be more comfortable than just hot gluing.
- Warm up the glue gun and make your horns. You can decorate these however you like – stripes, dots, triangle (what we choose), etc.
You’ll want to glue these on first so the fur can cover their edges.
- Once you’ve added the horns on, move on to the fur and the eyes.
- Last step is adding the elastic! I grabbed this sparkly option at Hobby Lobby, but I was very tempted by the elastic lace! Pick what works for your party and goes with your kiddo!
AND THERE YOU HAVE IT!
And while they were a hit with the girls…
I have admittedly stolen Ella’s for myself… It’s quite comfy!