Spread the love
Whether you’re an experienced road tripper with years of experience behind the wheel or have only ever seen them in the movies, there are plenty of reasons as to why you should consider making your next family vacation a road trip. Not only could it work out a little cheaper than traditional vacations, but it also gives you more freedom than ever before.
With that in mind, here are some top tips for planning the ultimate family road trip!
- Plan your route carefully. If you want to pull off the ultimate road trip, you need to ensure that you know exactly where you are going and when. This means that you have to think carefully about the route you will take, alongside the towns and cities you visit. Planning your route ahead of time, as opposed to just winging it, also means you can make better use of your time, fitting in as many fun family activities as possible into a short time frame.
- Ensure your vehicle is up for the challenge. Before heading out on your latest adventure, it’s important that you also ensure your car is ready for the challenge. After all, you’ll be spending a lot of time on the road, and you must do what you can to avoid any problems arising. While this could mean that you carry out a little routine maintenance, you may also want to consider purchasing a new car ahead of time. If you’re on the lookout for the perfect family-friendly vehicle, you might want to consider a Vauxhall 4×4. They have a spacious interior and smooth driving, making them the perfect road trip companion.
- Put together a travel bucket list. When traveling as part of a group, it’s important that everyone’s needs and wishes are accounted for. While it will be impossible to please everybody every day, putting together a family travel bucket list is a great way to ensure everyone has a say. For example, you could ask each family member to choose an activity or location to visit.
- Find ways to beat the boredom. Driving long distances can sometimes lead to boredom, especially if you are bringing young children along for the ride. As a result, it’s important to find ways to occupy your kids in the car ahead of time (which might slightly reduce the number of times they ask the dreaded, ‘are we there yet’ question). This could include playing games such as I-spy or listening to kids’ podcasts. You should also ensure that you are ready-stocked with plenty of drinks and snacks so that you don’t have to stop at every single service station along the way.
- Pack wisely. Packing might be the least fun thing about going on vacation, but you must do it right – especially when you will be away from home for a few weeks. Some important road-trip essentials include:
- First aid kit
- GPS system/map
- Insurance/ travel documents
- Pillows/travel blankets
- Toys/ kids entertainment
- Snacks and drinks
- Collapsible water bottles
- Emergency car repair kit
Leave a Reply